Contractor Drainage Course
Advanced Drainage Course
The Advanced Drainage Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to assess, plan and design agricultural sub-surface drainage works. Learners will gain an understanding of tile drainage design, so that design and installation will comply with the ‘Drainage Guide for Ontario’. The advanced course includes instruction and practice in the design of drainage works as per Regulation 18 of the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act.
This 6-day course is one of the mandatory requirements for an operator to upgrade from a Class "B" to a Class "A" Machine Operator Licence.
February 24 - 29, 2020
Marden Community Centre (North of Guelph)
7368 Wellington Road 30
Start time: 9:00am on the first day, 8:30am on all other days
- roles, responsibilities, and requirements
- site assessment
- preliminary design
- legislation and the environment
- drainage system design
- construction and materials
- existing systems
- cost estimates and post construction records
Successful completion of the Primary Drainage Course.
Certificate of Completion
A Certificate of Completion is granted to particpants that:
- Complete the Advanced Drainage: Review eLearning course prior to attending the in-class training. Access to the eLearning course provided after registration.
- Attend the in-class training
- Successfully complete the exam. The exam will be written on the last day of the course.
$ 621.50 (includes HST)
Fee covers the cost of the course and exam.
Lunches are provided.
What to Bring
Exam will be written on the last day of the course.
You are responsible for your own accommodations.
Registration priority will be given to individuals who require the course to upgrade their operator licence under the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act. Registrations from out-of-province participants or for those who do not require an operator licence, will be added to a waiting list and considered if there is space available.
Date & Time
February 24, 2020
Course and Exam
20 Seats Open