Advanced Drainage Course
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN OCTOBER 17, 2022.
The Advanced Drainage Course is a 6-day blended learning program that includes a classroom and online component.
- Advanced Drainage Course: Review elearning course (2 hours)
- Advanced Drainage Course classroom training (5.5 days)
- Exam (0.5 Days)
The Advanced Drainage Course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to assess, plan and design agricultural sub-surface drainage works. Learners will gain an understanding of tile drainage design, so that design and installation will comply with the ‘Drainage Guide for Ontario’. The advanced course includes instruction and practice in the design of drainage works as per Regulation 18 of the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act. Course topics include:
- roles, responsibilities, and requirements
- site assessment
- preliminary design
- legislation and the environment
- drainage system design
- construction and materials
- existing systems
- cost estimates and post construction records
This course is required for an operator to upgrade from a Class "B" to a Class "A" Machine Operator Licence. A Certificate of Completion is granted to particpants that:
- Complete eLearning course prior to joining the classroom training.
- Attend all days of the classroom training.
- Achieve a score of 75% or higher on the exam.
February 27 - March 4, 2023
Location: Marden Community Centre (North of Guelph)
7368 Wellington Road 30
Start time: 9:00am on the first day, 8:30am on all other days
$ 621.50 (includes HST)
Fee includes the cost of the course and exam. Lunch is provided. You are responsible for your own accommodations.
What to Bring
Registration will open in October. Stay tuned!
Successful completion of the Primary Drainage Course.
Priority will be given to individuals who require an operator licence under the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act. Out-of-province participants, or those who do not require an operator licence, will be added to a waiting list and added to the course if space is available.