Primary Drainage Course
The Primary Drainage Course is a 4-day blended learning program that includes a classroom and online component.
- An Introduction to Primary Drainage elearning course(2 hours)
- Primary Drainage Course classroom training (3.5 days)
- Exam (0.5 Days)
The Primary Drainage Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand common surveying terms, establish drainage slopes, grade changes and depths, and ensure installations comply with the ‘Drainage Guide for Ontario’. The course includes instruction and practice in surveying, and in the principles that apply to the installation of drainage works as per Regulation 18 of the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act. Course Topics include:
- Roles, responsibilities, and requirements
This course is required to upgrade from a Class C to a Class B Machine Operator Licence. A Certificate of Completion is granted to particpants that:
- Complete the eLearning course prior to joining the classroom training.
- Attend all days of the classroom training.
- Achieve a score of 75% or higher on the exam.
Location: Marden Community Centre (North of Guelph),
7368 Wellington Road 30
Start time: 9:00am on the first day, 8:30am on all other days.
$ 452.00 (includes HST)
Fee includes the cost of the course and exam. Lunch is provided. You are responsible for your own accommodations.
What to Bring
- suitable clothing for outside fieldwork
- tripods, levels, rods and laser equipment (primarily laser surveying rods) if possible
Priority is given to individuals who require an operator licence under the Agricultural Tile Drainage Installation Act. Out-of-province participants, or those who do not require an operator licence, will be added to a waiting list and added to the course if space is available.
POP UP WINDOWS must be enabled for your internet browser to complete payment.
Need help? Click on your internet browwer below for instructions.