Drainage Superintendents Course
Have you ever wondered...
- What is a "municipal drain"?
- Who pays for the cost of maintaining or repairing a municipal drain?
- Does the municipality own the land on which a drain is located?
- Can a landowner dictate how a drain is to be maintained and which contractor should be used?
- Whose job is it to assess drainage costs to the landowners?
- What’s the superintendent’s role in the development of new drains?
- What’s the superintendent’s role in mutual agreement drains and private drains?
- What environmental legislation and initiatives do I need to know about before working on a drain?
Find the answers to these and other questions at the Drainage Superintendents Course!
Date: March 6 - 10, 2023
Time: Monday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
1 Stone Road, Guelph ON N1G 4Y2
- Common law as it relates to drainage
- Mutual Agreement Drains
- Role and responsibilities of the engineer under the Drainage Act
- Process for developing new municipal drains
- Process for improving existing drains
- Municipal drain management
- Roles, responsibilities and practical aspects of the drainage superintendent
- Environmental regulations that impact municipal drains
A certificate will be given to participants who successfully pass the exam.
$ 565.00 (includes HST)
Lunch is provided.
You are responsible for your own accommodations.
Only one registration per municipality or drainage engineering firm. Priority will be given to applicants who REQUIRE the course as a condition of their employment as drainage superintendent or with an engineering firm involved in work under the Drainage Act. You may be contacted directly to provide additional detail regarding your employment requirements. Other applicants will be waitlisted and accepted on a first come, first served basis if space becomes available.
Date & Time
March 6, 2023
Course and Exam
13 Seats Open 2 Waiting
Drainage Act Pocket Book (included with course registation)
$21.00 (includes GST and shipping)
This booklet contains an annotated copy of the Drainage Act, RSO 1990 and the Agricultural Drainage Infrastructure Program policies. It’s pocket size and spiral binding make it a practical and convenient reference document for drainage superintendents, drainage engineers and others working under the Drainage Act.
For bulk orders, please complete the order form.