Drainage Superintendents Course
The primary focus of the course is the Drainage Act with emphasis on its application to drainage superintendents. This course is a prerequisite for individuals who wish to become a municipal drainage superintendent.
Have you ever wondered...
- What is a "municipal drain"?
- Who pays for the cost of maintaining or repairing a municipal drain?
- Does the municipality own the land on which a drain is located?
- Can a landowner dictate how a drain is to be maintained and which contractor should be used?
- Whose job is it to assess drainage costs to the landowners?
- What’s the superintendent’s role in the development of new drains?
- What’s the superintendent’s role in mutual agreement drains and private drains?
- What environmental legislation and initiatives do I need to know about before working on a drain?
Find the answers to these and other questions at the Drainage Superintendents Course!
Location, Dates and Times
Ontario Government Building, Conference Rooms 1 and 2
1 Stone Road West, Guelph ON N1G 4Y2
March 5 - 9, 2018
Monday: 9am - 4pm; Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 4pm
- common Law as it relates to drainage
- Mutual Agreement Drains
- role and responsibilities of the engineer under the Drainage Act
- process for developing new municipal drains
- process for improving existing drains
- municipal drain management
- roles, responsibilities and practical aspects of the drainage superintendent
- environmental regulations that impact municipal drains
$452.00 (includes HST)
Lunches are provided.
You are responsible for your own accommodations.
- course registration will be limited to 30 individuals
- priority will be given to applicants who require the course as a condition of their employment as drainage superintendent or with an engineering firm involved in work under the Drainage Act
- other applicants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis
- *only one registration per municipality or drainage engineering firm
Registration currently closed.
Course is offered in the Winter season.
Check back in September for course dates.