Ontario Agriculture Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate
Are you considering a career in agriculture but don’t know where to start? Landed a job on a farm in Ontario and looking for an overview of how an operation works and ways to keep yourself safe? Want to showcase some new agricultural knowledge and transferable skills on your resume to position yourself above the competition?
Whether you are new to agriculture or looking for a refresher course, the Ontario Agriculture Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate will help to set you up for success.
- Introduction: Careers in Agriculture
- Agricultural Worker Health and Safety Regulations
- Agricultural Workplace Hazards
- Farm Equipment Operation and Safety
- Livestock Production Safety
- Crop Production Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Mental Wellness in Agriculture
- Hand Tool Operation and Safety
This online certificate includes e-learning modules designed to provide a broad overview of health and safety on a farm operation in Ontario, including:
- the safe operation of farm equipment, hand tools, and power tools;
- an overview of crop and livestock farm operations; and
- an introduction to mental wellness in agriculture.
The modules are directed at individuals in Ontario that are new to the agricultural industry or in need of a refresher course. They are self-directed, online courses structured to be completed at your own pace. The modules can be completed individually at any time and will take approximately 10-12 hours to complete, however there is no time limit.
The modules will provide you with the knowledge required to have confidence in your abilities and understanding of safe agricultural practices, and to set you up for a successful career in agriculture. A certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all of the online modules. Quizzes are placed throughout the modules to test your progress.
Enrollment is easy using the online registration tool below. No previous education in the agricultural or agri-food industry is necessary.
This certificate is valued at $299. It is currently being offered at the discounted rate of $99+HST.
Contact the us directly to ask about discounts for registrations of high school/post-secondary groups of students and other large groups.
1-866-222-9682 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Ontario Agriculture Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate
- high speed internet; cable/DSL broadband internet connection or equivalent
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- 1024x768 resolution monitor or greater and supporting video card
- Sound card with speakers
- Adobe® Reader 9.0 or later
If you have questions about the course material, please contact the Feeding Your Future Coordinator