Ontario Agriculture Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate
Considering a career in agriculture and don’t know where to start? Landed a job on a farm in Ontario and looking for an overview of how an operation works and ways to keep yourself safe? Want to showcase some new agricultural knowledge and transferable skills on your resume to position yourself above the competition?
Whether you are new to agriculture or looking for a refresher course, the Ontario Agriculture Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate will help to set you up for success working on a farm.
This online Certificate includes several e-learning modules designed to provide:
- a broad overview of health and safety on a farm in Ontario
- an introduction to farm equipment operation and safety; and
- an introduction to both crop farm operations and livestock farm operations.
Who should take the Courses?
The courses are directed at individuals in Ontario that are new to the agriculture industry or in need of a refresher course.
They are self-directed online courses structured to be completed at your own pace over a couple of days or all at once. These modules will provide the base knowledge that will give you more confidence in your abilities and knowledge of agriculture to prepare you for success.
The modules can be completed individually at any time and will take approximately 8-10 hours to complete. All modules must be completed to obtain the certificate. Quizzes are placed throughout the modules to test your progress.
Enrollment is easy through this online registration process, and no previous education in the agri-food industry is necessary.
This Certificate is valued at $299, but until June 30, 2021, it will be offered for only $49 per person for up to 5 employees of an organization or business.
If you are recently employed on a farm in Ontario, they may be able to assist with your training registration. It is a small investment for the knowledge and understanding you will gain.
Ontario Agricultural Worker Safety and Awareness Certificate
In order to successfully run the program we strongly encourage individuals to have high speed internet. Please allow several minutes for the program to fully load.
- Cable/DSL broadband internet connection or equivalent
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- 1024x768 resolution monitor or greater and supporting video card
- Sound card with speakers
- Adobe® Reader 9.0 or later
If you have questions about the course material, please contact the Feeding Your Future Coordinator
- Introduction: Careers in the Agricultural Sector
- Introduction to Agricultural Worker Health and Safety Regulations
- Introduction to Agricultural Workplace Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Pandemic Protocols
- Farm Equipment Operation and Safety
- Introductions to Livestock Operations
- Introductions to Crop Operations