Poultry Pro is an introductory online course offered by the Poultry Industry Council
This is a self-directed online course that you can complete at your convenience
The main objective of the course is to provide an industry relevant poultry specific training opportunity that will increase your knowledge and understanding of poultry production in Ontario, and introduce you to important concepts. You will be introduced to various poultry husbandry topics. This course is directed at individuals that are new to the poultry industry.
- implement various disease prevention techniques
- identify tools for disease management
- find resources for successful breeder management
- distinguish appropriate practices for hatcheries
- discover best stockmanship practices
- assess barn production
- distinguish best practices for feed management
- identify water management practices
$203.40 (includes HST)
Includes hard copy textbook.
- Cable/DSL broadband internet connection or equivalent
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- 1024x768 resolution monitor or greater and supporting video card
- Sound card with speakers
- Adobe® Reader 9.0 or later
- Adobe Flash plug-in 10.0 or later
For questions about the course material, please contact the Poultry Industry Council at 519-837-0284.