IMPACT Code of Practice: Certificate Courses
The IMPACT Code of Practice Modules are courses offered by Farm & Food Care’s IMPACT program, based on the Canadian Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Livestock.They are self-directed online or downloadable courses that you can complete at your convenience.
Canadian Codes of Practice are nationally developed guidelines for the care and handling of farm animals in Canada. They serve as our understanding of animal care Requirements and Recommended Practices. Codes promote sound management and welfare practices for housing, care, transportation and other animal husbandry practices.
After you complete the course, you should have a good understanding of:
- what Codes of Practice are
- specific information about the Requirements and Recommended Practices
- guidelines for animal care and handling that are in the Code of Practice and in additional resources
Who should take the Courses?
The courses are directed at individuals that are new to the livestock industry or individuals that would like to know more about the Codes of Practice.
There are 6 different impact courses:
- IMPACT Beef Code
- IMPACT Dairy Code
- IMPACT Fox Code
- IMPACT Mink Code
- IMPACT Pig Code
- IMPACT Sheep Code
All 6 courses are included in the registration package. Individuals only need to complete the codes that are relevant to them. Individual certificates for each module are offered after the successful completion of each course.
In order to successfully run the program we strongly encourage individuals to have high speed internet. Please allow several minutes for the program to fully load.
- Cable/DSL broadband internet connection or equivalent
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- 1024x768 resolution monitor or greater and supporting video card
- Sound card with speakers
- Adobe® Reader 9.0 or later
- Adobe Flash plug-in 10.0 or later
If you have questions about the course material, please contact Farm & Food Care Ontario at 519-837-1326 or by emailing email@example.com.
IMPACT Code of Practice Modules in Animal Care